Northshield Fall Crown Tournament
October 13th, 2018
Our Crown Tournament will be held October 13, 2018 in the Shire of
Orlova Dolina at the Hawley Community Center in Hawley, MN. Here are
the requirements and tournament format.
We hope to see you there.
Vladimir and Petranella
Requirements for Combatants and Consorts:From Northshield Law
From Northshield Law
All prospective combatants and their consorts must meet the minimum
criteria in the Governing Documents, as well as the following
In addition, and as allowed by Northshield law and tradition, Their Highnesses have the following additional requirements:
- Each must be a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism and have access to the Northwatch.
- Each must have been a subject of Northshield for one year immediately before the Crown Tournament
- All prospective combatants and their consorts must be acceptable to the Presiding Royalty.
- No one under 18 years old may fight or be fought for in a Crown Tournament.
- No member of the Royalty may either fight or be fought for in a Crown Tournament.
- One member of the couple must also affirm that they can and will
maintain the ability to legally cross the U.S./Canadian international
border for the duration of their reign, should they be victorious to
ensure that they are free to travel to all parts of the Kingdom.
- All prospective combatants must hold a valid Northshield heavy
combat authorization card. If the combatant does not hold all
authorizations that will be used in the tournament, the Crown has the
sole discretion as to how and whether they will allow that combatant to
- All combatants and consorts must have an Award of Arms or higher award
- All combatants and consorts must have held an office for at least
6 months prior to the tournament, one of which must be a reporting
- No visible modern equipment or clothing.
Letters of Intent and Related Information:Letters of Intent to Compete are due by Sept 1,2018
Letters of Intent shall be sent to Their Highnesses and the Kingdom Seneschal, and include:
On the day of the tournament, please both be prepared to show your
membership card, proof of majority and ability to cross the border and
combatants must show fighter authorization card.
- Full contact information for both of you
- Current membership #'s and expiration dates
- Additionally, Their Highnesses must receive a clear electronic image of arms you will be fighting under, prior to Sept 1.
Letters of Intent may be sent via email or postal mail. Addresses
for Their Highnesses and the Kingdom Seneschal are inside the front
cover of the Northwatch.
- The tournament will be double elimination.
- Each bout is best 2 of 3 rounds.
- First two rounds are matched weapons (Lower precedence chooses, higher precedence chooses, bring your best)
- Precedence for tourney determined by fighting awards only (royal peerages, by your own hand, count as fighting awards.)
- No repeats of styles.
- In the semi-finals each combatant in the loser’s bracket has to
win two bouts with their counterpart in the winner’s bracket to advance
to the finals, the combatant in the winners bracket only needs to win
one bout to advance.
Allowed Combat Styles (No weapons over 6 feet):
- Bastard sword (5’ or less)
- Great sword (greater than 5’)
- Two weapon
- Weapon and buckler (12” maximum diameter)
- Weapon and shield (Shields shall be short enough in the longest dimension for the fighter to stand over.)